Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mistakes in Running

Here's a little hint to all you runners running a race on a chilly day:

IT WILL GET WARMER WHEN YOU START RUNNING

Mistake #1: was that they gave us these comfy long sleeve shirts for the race(walkers).
When I was warming up I was still pretty chilly, and so I thought "hey, i'm not going to get hot in this long sleeve cotton shirt, i'll just run the race in it."
-never again..someone told me that you should dress accordingly as if it were 20 degrees warmer.

Mistake #2: taking pictures during the run just slows you down. After my race in October, I really wished that I had taken pictures. And as a photographer, I feel that I should be able to......NOT when I'm running though. 
1. I looked like a fool running while taking pictures
2. It just slowed me down
3. It wasn't very comfortable stuffing the camera in my bra
4. None of them turned out

Overall the race was pretty awful. I was a minute slower than Women's Only ( i blame the shirt)
I ran with Elaine, which was great. She kept me motivated, however we both struggled and wanted to walk here and there.... but no. We persevered.

Also one more thing....my knees are starting to hurt....oh no! : \ Knee replacement at age 29 doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

-L

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Want to run around the reservoir this week? :)

Lucy said...

I was JUST thinking that I needed to pack my running shoes...Yes!

ginna said...

me too! me too!

I think we should go for a run Thursday and Friday mornings before everyone else wakes up. Any thoughts? ;)

Joy Bergmann said...

Totes agree about Carmindy's new makeup line. Love, love, love the liquid foundation and her all-over brightener. With those secret weapons, I look so alert and innocent even when I'm not ;)