Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Journey Begins...



...with 2 ibuprofen. So this blog is about my crazy aspiration to train for a half marathon. 
Here's a little recap of my fitness this year:

January-May: totally inspired by The Biggest Loser, 100% on board. I worked out like crazy 2 hours a night. Did I lose weight? Nope. Why? Because I was eating like crap, however I was maintaining my weight. 

June: Joined the beloved, faithful Weight Watchers. Started doing the right things (i.e.: working out, eating w/in my point range). Did I see results? Yes but I am such a SLOW loser....which I hear is good for you...but honestly, I'd like the pace to speed up a bit! (total loss since June till now is a measly 12 pounds...)

In June I started running....and when I say "running" I mean a very slow jog. Yep, I was probably clocking a 14 min/mile. However it was about 90 some degrees when I was "running" so I give myself a little credit for just getting out there.
I have always wanted to be a "runner/jogger" but it wasn't until about September that I started to get serious. Just to let you know, at the beginning of this year, I couldn't run for a whole 10 minutes without huffing and puffing. And somehow today I ran 4.5 miles.

Alright so heres the deal: I'm training for a Half Marathon with some other crazy awesome women from the Y. It is the Myrtle Beach Marathon on February 14th 2009.
So this blog is going to be a little testimony of how far I have (hopefully) come. 

This weekend is the Free to Breathe 5K I'm running with my friend, Elaine. I'm pretty excited. The last(and first) race I did was about a month and a half ago. (picture above)

-Lucy

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Lucy, I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration....I'm right behind you. I love you so much! mom

Carrie said...

Wahoooo! Way to go Lu!! :D

ginna said...

WOOT! Go Lucy!

When is your race? I want to run it with you!!!

ginna said...

loooove the shoe ;)